Visual and Media Arts
Develop creativity skills, learn about the elements of art, and explore a variety of art mediums including watercolor, collage, printmaking, clay, and more!
- K-3rd & 5th/6th grade students participate in one trimester of visual arts via the VAPA Wheel.
- Students receive 30 minutes a week of discrete visual arts instruction provided by a teaching artist (consultant) over one trimester.
Dance and Theatre
- K-3rd & 5th/6th grade students participate in one trimester of dance and one trimester or theatre via the VAPA Wheel.
- Students receive 30 minutes a week of discrete theatre and dance instruction provided by a teaching artist (consultant).
- Theatre: voice projection, stage direction, character development, props, costumes, etc.
- Dance: explore expressive movement, styles/form/structure of dance, and more!
Music (Band & Choir)
Elementary Music incorporates theory, aural and physical techniques, and composition.
- K-4th grade students enjoy 30 minutes of choir each week.
- 4th grade gets an extra 30 minutes of Music Appreciation each week.
- 5th and 6th grade students choose a Music Pathway: Choir or Band.
- There are at least two performances per year for each pathway.
- Honor Band/Choir offered 5-6.