Registration Permits and Immunizations

Welcome to Upland Unified School District. Our focus to help our students maximize their full academic potential means that your child will reach his or her educational goals. We are confident that the programs in our public school system will meet and even exceed your expectations.

Required documents for enrollment

The following documents are required to complete enrollment:

  • Valid ID
  • Proof of age, according to Education Code, section 48002:
    • Certified copy of birth certificate
    • Statement by local registrar or county recorder certifying date of birth
    • Baptism Certificate
    • Passport
    • When none of the above documents are obtainable, an affidavit from a parent or guardian 
  • Verification of Immunization. Uploads of immunizations must show the student's name. The official record is the California State Record Immunization form (yellow card) obtained from your child's healthcare provider, and it includes your child's name, date of birth, name of immunization administered, date of each immunization, and signature or stamp of healthcare provider or agency administering each vaccine.
    • Polio - 4 doses (3 doses, if at least one was given on or after fourth birthday)
    • DTP - 5 doses (4 doses if at least one dose was given on or after fourth birthday)
    • MMR - 2 doses (both doses must have been given after first birthday)
    • Hepatitis B (3 doses)
    • Varicella (Chicken Pox) - 2 doses (or healthcare provider documentation of Chicken Pox disease
    • Please Note: 7th and 8th grade students must have one dose of Tdap or DTP given after 7th birthday.
  • Verification of an oral health assessment (dental screening) is now required for all children entering public school for the first time at the kindergarten or first grade level.
  • All students are required to have a specific physical examination when entering first grade. This Child Health and Disability Prevention (CHDP) examination may be done within 18 months prior to entering first grade. While this is not a requirement for kindergarten, a pre-kindergarten physical, done within the six months prior to entering kindergarten, will meet this requirement for first grade. Please request more information about this requirement from your school. This is not a requirement for kindergarten enrollment.
  • California law (EC 48200) requires the district verify the residency f all enrolling students. The following original documents will be accepted for vertification of residency:
    • Current utility bill
    • Deed or escrow papers for primary residence
    • Property tax payment receipts
    • Rental/lease agreement for primary residence
    • Pay stubs
    • Voter registration
    • Correspondence from a government agency
    • Declaration of residency executed by the parent, legal guardian, or caregiver of the student

Intra- and Inter-District Permits

The Upland Unified School District is committed to providing quality education for all district students. We will treat all applications for inter-district and intra-district attendance permits in a fair and consistent manner. Approval of inter-district and intra-district attendance permits for all students, including students needing specialized programs, such as special education, shall be determined by the district and be contingent upon program space availability and class size.

For intra-district transfer and open enrollment information, please visit our Child Welfare and Attendance page.