Frequently Asked Questions

We know you have a few questions, so we’ve provided this “get it quick” guide to things you want to know most. Please browse the rest of our website to find the answers to all of your questions. Or call our district office at (909) 985-1864 during our regular office hours of 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.

When is my child eligible to enter kindergarten in one of the Upland schools?

Children must be five years old by September 2 of the year they plan to enroll in kindergarten. Children with birth dates from September 2 until on or before December 2 may enroll in transitional kindergarten.

Back to Top

How can I register my child to attend one of the Upland Unified School District schools?

Kindergarten registration begins in March prior to the planned year of attendance.

Parents should contact their neighborhood school to obtain and complete a registration packet, but please see our Registration, Permits, & Immunizations page to find out more about the registration requirements and obtaining permits to transfer to one of our schools.

Back to Top

My child loves the performing arts. Can Upland USD provide a solid academic education while at the same time give him/her instruction and experiences in that area?

Yes! The Upland Unified School District is noted locally and nationally for its outstanding programs in music, dance, and visual arts. The arts are a valued part of the core curriculum for Upland students. Please read more about it.

Back to Top

Does your district provide services for non-English speaking students?

Yes, we fully implement effective programs for English learners. We want them to attain proficiency in listening, speaking, reading, and writing academic English while also mastering the state content standards. Please see our English Learners page for more information.

Back to Top

I am an adult who never completed my high school degree. Does UUSD provide adult education courses?

Yes! We would love to help you complete your high school degree. Please read more about it on our Adult School page.

Back to Top

Does Upland School District provide bus transportation for its students?

Yes, we are happy to be able to provide our students the privilege of riding a bus to school. We hire highly qualified drivers and keep our buses well-maintained for the safety of all of our students. For more information, please contact Rose Lee by email or call (909) 949.7876.

Back to Top

Is it possible to use the school facilities for a public or private event?

Our well-maintained facilities are available for community use. Please contact our Facilities Management Department for more information.

1428 W. 9th Street
Upland, CA 91786
Phone: (909) 949-7823

Back to Top

Are UUSD schools equipped to handle my child’s special education needs?

Yes. If you think your child may qualify for special education services, please let us help. The Special Education Department at Upland USD is here to help all students who have been identified and found eligible for special education services. See our Special Education page for more information.

Back to Top

Do district schools provide before- and after-school day care?

Many UUSD schools do provide day care services for their students. For more information about our services, please see the Healthy Start page.

Back to Top