Upland Unified School District
Students of Upland USD

Child Welfare and Attendance

The Office of Child Welfare and Attendance provides specialized student support services to students, families and school site personnel in the area of compliance with compulsory education laws, student admission and enrollment procedures, student discipline procedures, transfers to alternative programs, compulsory attendance, and school climate and safety.

Online Enrollment

Visit Aeries Online Enrollment page to begin online enrollment.

This website is the first step in the process to enroll a new student for school. If your child attends a school in the Upland Unified School District, please do not complete the online enrollment process. Your child will automatically roll to the next grade.

If you completed pre-enrollment for transitional kindergarten or kindergarten at your school of residence prior to school closures, you do not need to complete pre-enrollment online.

Reporting Bullying

California Education Code defines bullying as any severe or pervasive physical or verbal act of conduct, including communications made in writing or by means of an electronic act directed towards one or more pupils that has or can be reasonably predicted to have the effect of one or more of the following:

  • Placing a reasonable pupil in fear of harm to that pupil’s person or property.
  • Causing a reasonable pupil to experience a substantially detrimental effect on their mental health.
  • Causing a reasonable pupil to experience substantial interference with their academic performance.
  • Causing a reasonable pupil to experience substantial interference with their ability to participate in or benefit from the services, activities, or privileges provided by a school.

Ed Code 234-234.5


Approval of inter-district and intra-district attendance permits for all students, including students needing specialized programs such as special education, shall be determined by the district and be contingent upon program space availability and class size.

Inter-District Transfers: Students who live outside the UUSD boundaries requesting to attend a UUSD school.

New inter-district transfer students living outside the Upland Unified School District must file a completed Upland Unified School District application with the required attachments. Continuing students who move into a different district, or whose students are moving from 8th to 9th grade, must apply for a new inter-district transfer permit. Applicants must also apply for an inter-district transfer permit (release) from their district of residence.

Applications must include (bring to the district office or email the information to us):

  • Transcript (high school) or report card
  • Discipline information
  • Attendance record

We will grant inter-district transfers on a space and program available basis, along with a review of the information in the required documents.

We will begin accepting inter-district applications for the 2020–2021 school year on March 2, 2020.

Outgoing Inter-District Transfers: Families who reside within the UUSD boundaries, but wish to attend school in another district.

Transfer requests are available for pick up at the Upland Unified School District office. Submit completed applications to the office of Child Welfare and Attendance. Upon approval, we will forward the transfer request to the desired district.

Intra-District Open Enrollment: Students who live within the UUSD boundaries but would like to attend a school other than their school of residence.

  • Complete an online application for intra-district transfer during the open enrollment window. We grant intra-district transfer requests based upon space availability, student conduct, and attendance.
  • Parent/guardian assumes responsibility for providing transportation to and from school.
  • A student on an approved intra-district transfer may be subject to reassignment due to excessive enrollment at a school site.
  • Once a student is granted an intra-district transfer for the school requested, they will attend the school(s) until the completion of 8th grade, if enrollment space exists, and if the student meets all transfer conditions.
  • We may revoke an approved intra-district transfer at any time if there is false information on the transfer request form or if a student demonstrates unsatisfactory conduct and/or attendance.

Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten

  • Children must be five years old by September 2 of the year they plan to enroll in kindergarten.
  • Children with birth dates from September 2 until on or before December 2 enroll in transitional kindergarten.
  • TK initial enrollment window is from March 2 through March 13, 2020.
  • Students will be placed at their school of residence if TK is provided at their school. If the number of enrollments exceeds space at a site, students will be placed in order of applications received.
  • Students enrolling after March 13 will be placed in classes at a site based on space availability.

TK and Kindergarten Intra District Transfer Requests:

Registration packets must be completed at school of residence before we will consider any transfer request. Each site will have paper versions of transfer forms for transitional kindergarten and incoming kindergarten. We will not consider kindergarten transfer requests until all registration packets are complete at the school of residence.

Placement for all applications is on a space and program available basis; not all schools will have space and program availability for all applicants.

Phone: (909) 985-1864

Address: 390 North Euclid Avenue, Upland, CA 91786