Step Up Preschool
Step Up Preschool is for students between the ages of three and five years of age. We provide a learning environment that supports positive, responsive, individualized instruction through activities that promote self-esteem, social skills, and intellectual development through a continuum of programs ranging from self-contained to moderate/ severe to full inclusion. We incorporate developmentally, appropriate activities that enhance learning through expression, discovery and play.
Our preschool teachers have an early childhood special education credential with bachelors/masters degrees. We have a speech language pathologist and psychologist on staff. Our preschool program won the golden bell from the State of California School Boards Association, 31st Annual Golden Bell Awards - 2010 for outstanding special education program.
- Sierra Vista Elementary - school of attendance for Upland residences located east of Euclid Avenue
- Sycamore Elementary - school of attendance for Upland residences located west of Euclid Avenue
- The preschool is open Monday through Thursday, moderate to severe students attend an additional Friday afternoon session.
- Morning session: 8:30-11:30 a.m.
- Afternoon session: 12:30-3:30 p.m.
- General education preschool students pay $22.00/day, regardless of absence.
- Fees are due on the first day of each month.
- All preschool registration will be conducted at the district office.
- Payments will be accepted at school sites in drop boxes located in the front office at each site or at the district office, preschool department.
- August 27 - $374.00
- October 1 - $396.00
- November 1 - $264.00
- December 3 - $264.00
- January 7 - $308.00
- February 1 - $330.00
- March 1 - $264.00
- April 1 - $396.00
- May 1 - $550.00 (Covers May and June)
Our curriculum consists of:
- Scholastic’s Big Day
- Touch Math
- Handwriting without Tears
Students will not be able to begin the school year without the first month of tuition paid.