Registration Permits and Immunizations
Welcome to Upland Unified School District. Our focus to help our students maximize their full academic potential means that your child will reach his or her educational goals. We are confident that the programs in our public school system will meet and even exceed your expectations.
Kindergarten and Transitional Kindergarten
California has phased in a change in the admission age for kindergarten enrollment to align with practices in most states in the United States. Children must be five years old by September 2 of the year they plan to enroll in kindergarten. Children with birth dates from September 2 until on or before December 2 may only enroll in transitional kindergarten.
Kindergarten registration begins in March prior to the planned year of attendance. Parents should contact their neighborhood school to obtain and complete a registration packet.
Intra- and Inter-District Permits
The Upland Unified School District is committed to providing quality education for all district students. We will treat all applications for interdistrict and intradistrict attendance permits in a fair and consistent manner. Approval of interdistrict and intradistrict attendance permits for all students, including students needing specialized programs, such as special education, shall be determined by the district and be contingent upon program space availability and class size.
Intra-district transfers are for Upland residents who desire to enroll their children in a school outside of their residence area. We place applications on a space and program available basis; however, we anticipate that not all schools will have space and program availability for all applicants.
New inter-district transfer students living outside the Upland Unified School District must file a completed Upland Unified School District application with the required attachments. Applicants must also apply for an Inter-District Transfer Permit from their district of residence. (We will not consider applications without a current transcript or report card and attendance record.) We will grant inter-district transfers on a space and program available basis.
- There is only one form for INTRA-district transfers including kindergarten.
- Complete INTRA-district transfers using our online form.
- Each site will have paper versions of transfer forms. However, any paper transfers turned in to the school site must be inputted into the system by the school site.
- All INTER-district transfers must e-mail their transcripts/report card, behavior, and attendance to our transfer e-mail address.
- To complete INTER-district transfers, please check back for the updated form.
- Note this year's open enrollment dates:
- Intra-district transfers for current grades K-8: February 1-28, 2017
- Transitional kindergarten and kindergarten registration: March 1-17, 2017
- Inter-district transfers: April 3-30, 2017
Please call our district office at (909) 985-1864 if you have any questions.